Tuesday, December 6, 2011

If I Could Fly (Example blog post)


When I was in fifth grade, it was my dream to fly. I would lie on my back for hours, picturing myself soaring like a hawk above the ground, looking down on the world from a new perspective. Even the dream made my heart race, but I don’t know what inspired it. I knew it was something I had to do: I had to learn how to fly. By the time I was in seventh grade, I had made a promise to myself: I would learn how to fly.


I called the local airport and found out that there are specific rules about how to learn to fly, but anybody can learn! Although there is a minimum age to get your pilot’s license, you can fly with an instructor at any age.

The first obstacle to getting my pilot’s license was money, so I started saving up money and as soon as I was old enough I got a job. I put as much money as possible into my dream. Once I started working towards my pilot’s license, I realized that this would be a lot of work: I had to learn physics, meteorology, navigation, and of course, I had to learn to fly a plane!

By the time I graduated from high school I had my pilot’s license. I thought that I would go on to study physics in college and become a professional pilot, but eventually I changed my mind. I still dream about flying, but I haven’t gone flying for several years. Maybe I will again soon. I miss it.

9 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG ;D cool :) hehehehehhehehe this is not Ashley.....NO SERIOUSLY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ^^^^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley,thank you for your comment. Are you saying, "OMG" because my blog post is THAT GOOD?

    -JA

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really think this is good but what made you want to fly? do you feel like you were born to fly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a good question! I'm not really sure. I remember wanting to fly ever since I was young. I would lie on my back and watch planes fly overhead, and I would dream of flying like a bird though the clouds. When I was old enough, I begged my parents to let me take a flying lesson. Eventually, they bought me a flying lesson for a birthday present (the best present I had over received!).

    kmaster: Have you ever dreamed of flying? Do you have any dreams that you hope to accomplish before you grow up?

    --JA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you don't delete kmaster's comment? wow .____.

      Delete